I have a ridiculous amount of homework to do this weekend. I'm very glad I am not going anywhere this weekend because of this. Yesterday, as I was walking into the courtyard of my apartment complex (i had just ran and worked out for 40 minutes and looked ridiculously horrible) a group of 5 16-17 yr old boys all went dead silent and then one yelled "te quiero!" which means I love you! haha. I just ignored them but it took me about 10-15 seconds to cross the yard and get to my building and they all sat in silence the whole time, needless to say I was mortified and felt extremely awkward. I just had lunch and my mom gave me a pile of rice LITERALLY 5 inches across and 2 inches high soaked in tomato sauce, two scrambled eggs...you'd think that wasnt too terrible right? She also gave me FIVE...yes...five...hot dogs to eat with the rice! haha I told her there was no way I could eat all of it and could only hold down two hot dogs with my mountain of rice. Fortunately, I have been running and working out every single day. So Im not worrying about it too much :) The boys of the group are going out of town this weekend so all of us girls went to a "discoteca" in alcala last night. Its really strange though, they are pretty small because this city isnt that big, but there are always a hundred people packed in the club but hardly anyone dances? It's so strange because they have music blasting and lights and everything and it cant be easy to have a conversation because it's so crowded and noisy. They play 95% american (english) hip hop music, so basically all of us girls just dance (with our amazing dance skills!) and sing really loudly because we're the only ones in the club who know english ...and get stared at. Oh well, at least we are having fun! The weather has been really nice, upper 70s and then it cools off at night. I can already tell it's going to be hard to get back to my eating/sleeping cycle I have in the US...I'm going to miss siesta time!! Anyways, I really need to get after my homework. I'm going to London and Paris in 5 days! SOOO excited!!!
Love and Godspeed
Lindsey
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Gahhh you just had to throw in that bit about London and Paris there at the end didn't you?! Sooo jealous!! 5 hot dogs!? That's ridiculous lol! And a weird combo...Hope ya got some homework done tonight. I was supposed to finish mine before we went out, but I didn't :) So now I must go finish! Love you!
ReplyDeleteThat coffee sounds very interesting - maybe I could drink coffee now, too! It sounds like it might have a few more calories than regular coffee, though. Bummer!!! We missed having you in Hastings. Andy, Stephanie and Eric all asked how you were doing. We had a good time. I felt guilty coming home at 10:30 since Cooper had been out all day, but he was fine. He actually seems to really like being outside more now. I think he likes the cool weather. I'm so excited you get to go to Paris in a few days - that will be really exciting! Talk to you later:)
ReplyDelete