Monday, November 16, 2009

Ireland

Robert Pattinson (very long story-shortened)
-Spent the night on a sidewalk in Madrid with hundreds of other people (nighttime hitting temperatures below freezing) and didn't shower for two days while waiting to get VIP passes to meet him. The event had no marketing team to organize it, so they started the event two and a half hours late and decided last minute that they were going to cancel the autograph session. The actual event started 3 hours late, after I had to leave to go catch my plane to Ireland. Culture factor...something like that would NEVER be allowed in the United States.
-Had an amazing experience except for the ending. Met so many awesome people and had a ton of practice with my spanish. I had so many people compliment my spanish speaking skills and I played translator for everyone (who at the time thought they were going to get to talk to the actors) and tell them how to say things to them in English. If I hadn't had my flight, we at least would have been right up at the stage when the actors came out, bummer!
Ireland:
They have an attitude about life--you only live once. I loved every minute of it. People were so jolly and welcoming! The pubs were packed with people watching the soccer game, drinking Guinness and listening to live music. I was with an amazing group of girls and we had a blast! We decided to take a one-day paddywagon across Ireland to soak up some of the beauty of Ireland. It is exactly like you see in the movies, little stone hedges and beautiful green rolling hills. The cliffs of Moher were breathtaking and I could live on the coastline there and be an incredibly happy person, it is so beautiful! Dublin was a ton of fun, but the best part of Ireland is the nature and countryside. The Ireland trip helped cure my disappointment with not seeing the gorgeous Robert Pattinson. Enjoy the pictures!!!























































1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lindsey! Cooper and I are looking at your pictures - but he doesn't want me to quit petting him so I can type this! The pictures of Ireland are beautiful - I want to go there, too! Your plaid coat looks so cute (and you look extremely cute!) Sorry about Robert - what a bummer. I couldn't get your video to play - it was just blank. I'll keep trying. We love you and miss you. Mom, Dad and Cooper

    ReplyDelete