Jess and I went to London this past weekend. It was really cold all weekend and it rained on Saturday night, but we were fortunate enough to have some sunshine during the days. Thursday night for "thanksgiving" we had a great italian dinner, it wasn't turkey and potatos, but it was good! That night we had an extreme problem with a man occur at the hostel, not something I want to or am going to write about, but it caused us to lose all of our time on Friday. Everything turned out well though, we got a hotel for Friday night and then Jess' best friend's boyfriend (cousin's, friend's mom twice removed..) has friends in London that he got ahold of to see if we could stay with them Saturday night. In order to make sure it was an okay situation, we met up with the three guys Friday night. Basically, we were two LUCKY girls! There were two brothers and one roommate/friend and they were some of the nicest guys I've ever met. They took us to a lounge right on the river and in front of the Tower Bridge friday night and we got to know them really well. All day Saturday they checked in on us to make sure we weren't lost and offered to meet us if we weren't sure where we were. After seeing more of the downtown district, Westminister, BEAUTIFUL Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, the outside of the Globe Theatre and the "times square" of London-Picadilly/Oxford Circus, we headed back to the boys' place because one of them had cooked us dinner!! Soo cute!! They had a beautiful flat that was a block away from the river/tower bridge, it was amazing. I absolutely love London. The combination of the well-mannered people I have met, the parks in the city, the exceptionally good looking men and the similarity to the US I think is what makes me like it so much!
That was my final excursion here in Europe. Over the next 17 days I will be studying until I cannot study anymore, packing and then heading back to my beloved USA :) Cannot wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment